Yes Bamboo truly is brilliant when it comes to clothing. We believe our bamboo items will change the way you think about clothing for several reasons
The benefits of bamboo
- It is beautifully soft on the skin and retains this quality after many washes
- Bamboo clothing is thermo-regulating mean when it's hot it will keep you cool and when it's cold it will keep you warm.
- It creases far less than cotton (who enjoys ironing anyway?). This means it is great for throwing in a bag and travelling.
- Bamboo clothing is anti-bacterial. It prevents and eliminates over 70% of bacteria which attempts to grow, meaning the clothes keep you fresher for longer.
- Bamboo is quick and easy to grow and requiring little water, bamboo can grow up to 3 feet every day - it's the fastest growing plant on the planet! Although some conditions are better than others it can grow pretty much anywhere
- Every part of the bamboo can be used meaning it's zero waste
- Bamboo can grow without chemical pesticides, herbicides and fertilisers, unlike traditional cotton and so is kinder to the environment
- It has antibacterial properties to keep you fresh
- Bamboo benefits the environment by recapturing substantial amounts of carbon dioxide
So we know that bamboo is both great to wear and more eco-friendly than traditional cotton clothes.
What is bamboo and how is it grown?
Bamboo is classed as a perennial grass similar to your typical garden grass meaning you don’t have to replant and after harvesting it will grow right back. If managed well, bamboo can be harvested naturally from forests with minimal disruption. Cultivated bamboo looks very similar to wild grown due to its relentless and hardy development and abundance.
Bamboo certainly is a step up for the environment over traditional cotton farming which often requires pesticides and fertilisers and up to 2,500 litres of water to make just one t-shirt. This is why we are backing bamboo for the future of clothing.
Our Bamboo Clothing
Our bamboo t-shirts are 70% bamboo and 30% organic cotton. We need to blend the bamboo with another material to make sure they wear well and so the 30% organic cotton is also an eco-friendly material. We want to make sure we have chosen the best quality materials which are grown and created in way which is kind to the planet and the people which work with them. Our bamboo t-shirts have achieved Class 1 criteria in Oeko-Tex Certification for Bamboo fabric whilst are also PETA approved for being vegan.